Localization Project Manager
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history
CarGurus has launched our site in Canada, the UK, Germany, and Italy and we are looking for a Localization Project Manager to join our team and be part of our expansion. This role will be integral in our quest to revolutionize the car shopping experience globally. You will help us to face a diverse range of challenges as we launch new markets and adapt to cultural distinctions and behaviors.
What You'll Do:
- Manage translation projects from kickoff to delivery.
- Manage 3rd party service providers and build robust partnership
- Lead quality management efforts with the vendors
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders to manage expectations and risks
- Track and report on financials and quality performance indicators
- Standardize and streamline project workflow
Who You Are:
- Successful experience in outsourcing and vendor/quality management for localization (2 years or so)
- Some experience at the language service provider (vendor) side preferred (2 years min)
- Solid knowledge of CAT tools
- Superb communication skills
- Interest in improving the user experience for international audience
- Able to work autonomously
- Enjoy tackling problems and creating solutions
- Team player
- Knowledge of more than one language preferred
- Flexible thinker
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.