Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
This is an exciting time for learning and growth at CarGurus and the Onboarding Coordinator will be central to ensuring every new hire feels connected to our Mission and Values and experiences a sense of belonging from Day One. This role will be responsible for the coordination and administration of all onboarding activities and processes from pre-hire communications through a new hire’s first 90 days. As a member of the Learning and Development team, you will play an important role in fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth in our multiple offices; you will also act as a partner across People & Talent and other internal stakeholder groups to ensure our onboarding process is efficient, scalable and, most importantly, a positive experience for our “New-Rus.” We are looking for someone who is equally passionate about excellence and exploring what is possible. The ideal candidate will be organized and efficient, but will also have a creative, problem-solving mindset with an eye towards continuous improvement.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the employee onboarding experience, including scheduling and pre-arrival communications
- Design materials and activities that support new hire orientation and ongoing employee onboarding
- Coordinate with subject matter experts across the business, including Executive welcome sessions, new hire mentors, and volunteer trainers
- Project manage the new hire onboarding process in partnership with multiple teams, including Recruiting, HR, and IT
- Monitor onboarding content on our internal communications and learning systems to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date
- Creatively and continuously improve our onboarding experience and processes to ensure we are providing the most welcoming, impactful and efficient onboarding experience for our “New-Rus.”
- Assist in analyzing the impact of onboarding programs and making recommendations for changes as needed; provide constructive feedback and recommendations to the L&D team and instructors.
- Create, analyze and distribute onboarding reports as needed.
Who You Are:
- A passion for learning and growth and a desire to expand your own knowledge and experience in Learning and Development
- Outstanding organization and coordination skills.
- A dedication to collaboration and the ability to partner across business units
- A customer service focus and ability to translate business and employee needs into solutions
- Agility, flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications
- 1-3 years of related experience associated with learning and development, human resources, or organizational development preferred.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, Spain, Italy and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.