Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Are you passionate about leading Agile teams? Do you thrive in a start-up environment, yet seek stability? Are you energized by finding ways to positively impact teams to excel and deliver value to customers? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then our Agile Program Manager / Release Train Engineer (RTE) role here at CA Veracode may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our Agile Program Manager employs servant leadership to embrace and support Agile practices in the planning and execution of a program and provides mentoring, coaching, and facilitation across several teams.
The RTE will work with their train toward achieving their objectives committed to during PI planning.
- Work with Product Manager, Product Owners, Business Owners, and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure alignment between strategy and execution.
- Facilitate readiness for the Program Increment (PI) planning event (vision, backlog, economic prioritization, and event logistics).
- Facilitate the 2 day PI Planning event
- Facilitate the program level cross-team collaboration activities such as Scrum of Scrums.
- Facilitate all retrospectives for the program level (Inspect & Adapt Workshops) for small to medium-sized value streams.
- Proactively recognize and resolve conflicts between teams/functions through collaboration and consensus.
- Track program risks/impediments and escalate those that cannot be resolved within the program.
- Support and encourage healthy program communication across all levels of the enterprise for small to medium-sized value streams; act as a communications hub between the Portfolio, Program, and Agile Team level roles and activities.
- Foster trust and collaboration across the train; make it safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
- Foster continuous collaboration; continuously collaborate and communicate across all functions supporting Agile team execution.
- Guide the train towards high performance.
- Promote, coach, train and educate Scrum Masters, trains, teams, and those surrounding the teams on the principles, practices, and value of Agile and SAFe.
- Be a change agent for Agile transformation.
- Collaborate across all functions to ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Actively participate in ongoing change management as process, business and technical scope is adjusted.
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; encourage and support development of teams and the program.
- Celebrate success!
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a relevant field.
- 4 or more years of experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Knowledgeable in SAFe, Agile, Scrum and ideally other disciplines (i.e. Lean, Kanban, XP practices).
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (excel, powerpoint, comfortable with presenting status summary in program review meetings to management.)
- Facilitation skills to lead a small group.
- Ability to facilitate different approaches to typical Agile work (story sizing approaches, different retrospective techniques, etc.).
- Skilled at instructing, coaching, and mentoring to improve performance and employee development.
- Ability to recognize conflict and support conflict resolution through collaboration and consensus.
- Demonstrated Agile behaviors, embracing Agile principles in relentless improvement with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to make decisions independently such as:
- Reprioritizing and managing workload.
- Working with team members to enhance Agile practices.
- Assist with creation and/or delivery of Agile product and project presentations.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- SAFe certification
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.