Process Improvement Manager
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
Role Summary: This team leads and supports the financial organization to analyze, document, design, and attain controlled and efficient processes for the “order to cash” and “procure to pay” cycles, in accordance with SOX guidelines. Depending on the scope of a given project, the person in this role may work independently or collaborate with other process managers on the team.
- Lead multiple cross-functional process improvement projects.
- Structures project approach and determines process improvement tools to use for maximizing the improvements in specific business processes.
- Maps and analyzes the current financial operation processes to identify and remove waste.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and partners with process owners to coordinate the implementation of improvements.
- Recommends new processes and procedures to streamline various workflows.
- Develops future state process flows and written documentation.
- Leads brainstorming sessions and perform root cause analysis.
- Prioritize and solve complex assignments.
- Provides hands-on team facilitation, mentoring and/or training, and process improvement subject matter expertise to business partners.
- Participates on cross-functional teams tasked with the design, development and launch of projects. Determines the project impact on finance operations and provides input and direction on components that impact finance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, computer science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience using process improvement methodologies and tools, such as Lean, Six Sigma, and BPM. Strong project management skills.
- Solid analytical skills, evaluative and strategic thinking.
- Ability to work with little or no direction in environments resistant to change.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate and present appropriately at all levels of the organization, including upper level management.
- Ability to work across multiple siloed functional groups.
- End-to-end approach, seeing the big picture, recognizing critical details and dealing with ambiguity.
- Proven ability to effectively facilitate training sessions.
Skills: Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation. Utilizes strong decision making and communication skills. Identifies problems and recommends solutions. Possesses the ability to capture clear and concise business and technical requirements. Excellent decision-making and follow through skills. Ability to work effectively as a member of a cross-functional team. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Working Relationships: Works in a team environment. Must be able to work with both business users and software developers. Leads and directs the work of others. Able to influence others
Additional Requirements: Sets and works within deadlines. Some travel may be required. Evening or weekend hours may be required.