Program Manager, R&D Transformation Initiatives
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Summary: We have an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager to join the CTO Office Program Operations team, which launches and supports strategic and high visibility programs for the CTO Office and Global R&D.
While the role is non-technical, you will leverage your agile methodology skills (focus on the customer, fail fast and forward, take intelligent risks) to drive meaningful transformation initiatives that foster a high-performance R&D environment – including scaling entirely new ideas across the company and partnerships within the technology community.
The role is both a strategic and hands-on role that works closely with Global R&D leadership, multiple business stakeholders, HR, IT, and Operations. You will be responsible for the full-cycle program and process management including starting with concept, design, planning, implementation, launch, post-mortem review and continuous improvement.
- Develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to complex challenges in a dynamic business environment, with alignment to the cultural context and practices to drive employee adoption. Launch programs with key milestones, forming a multi-disciplinary team across the organization, and leading from initial proposal to each milestone and launch.
- Define and track program success with key metrics, utilize a variety of methods and best practices for decision-making and moving projects ahead.
- Support programs post-launch, establish the working process to monitor key metrics, and create plans to iterate and further improve programs towards a regular cadence.
- Deliver sound business and communications plan with every program, working with key stakeholders – to ensure that the program is aligned with the right resources, and there is a rollout plan to evangelize and support adoption of the transformation initiative once launched.
- Participate in quarterly and annual program/project planning, and in collaboration with stakeholders, take seed concepts and formalize into committed quarterly objectives and key results. May also have responsibilities to prepare business case proposals and ROI analysis.
- Identify and bring leading practices, emerging trends, and benchmarks to support change management and organization transformation efforts
Number of Years of Work Experience: 6-8
- 6+ years experience in technology program management or project consulting in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, working with mid- and senior-level global leaders in the organization.
- Entrepreneurial and have the ability to take a large, open-ended problem space and systematically break it down to smaller, more tractable problems and then execute on solving each of those.
- Comfort with and ability to grasp technical information quickly and communicate to a broad range of technical and non-technical people at many levels and across geographies and cultures. Communicates difficult/sensitive information tactfully. A good listener with the capability to evoke the needs of the organization through inquiry, and can synthesize a collective solution to address problems.
- Able to effectively identify, utilize and present data in a way that facilitates evidence-based decision-making.
- Proven ability to influence and mobilize team members, often times with limited authority. Have a firm understanding of accountabilities and stakeholders, and key influencers across the organization, to build network and get things done.
- Skilled at identifying and assessing current organizational capabilities, building what’s required, shaping and supporting culture, and aligning programs to reinforce culture.
- Experience as a community evangelist, delivering quality communications across a variety of channels -- including development of key messages in both verbal and written form, ex: internal or external blogs/sites, communication groups such as Microsoft Teams.
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft, Atlassian, content management system products. Understanding of software development practices, knowledge of common software frameworks and tools
Education: Bachelor/Master’s degree in Business, Communications, or Technology discipline, MBA a plus
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.