R&D Project Manager
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
Partner with Crop Product Manager(s) to develop strategy for managing the crop team (and or stage team).
- Confirm roles and responsibilities on team.
- Confirm team norms and practices.
- Identify key short- and long-term deliverables.
- Assume project management responsibilities for a crop team (and or stage team) and all supportive program/project plans.
- Facilitate team meetings:
- Establish clear team meeting agendas in close collaboration with Crop Product Managers.
- Own meeting logistics, minutes, action items, and decision log, and ensure that they follow company standards/templates.
- Understand upcoming milestones and deliverables and ensure assigned teams are on track to hit them.
- Working closely with Crop Product Managers, facilitate alignment of crop strategy across functions.
- Support project management culture in assigned team(s).
- Facilitate team meetings:
- Manage responses to Indigo senior management requests by collaborating with Crop Product Management and in consultation with Project & Portfolio Management leadership.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of end-to-end R&D pipeline for assigned crop(s):
- All assigned projects have timelines, risk registries, action and decision logs which are in the company formats and/or templates and which are updated weekly.
- Working closely with Crop Product Management, facilitate the development of integrated project plans.
- Understand and be able to communicate project management needs to support the assigned crop team, after aligning with Project & Portfolio Management leadership.
- Understand the overall program value chain, critical path, risks and mitigation strategies and be able to identify and manage key risks and issues for assigned projects with little functional area oversight.
- Demonstrate ability to use accepted project management principles and methodologies to effectively manage assigned team(s) and contribute to Project & Portfolio Management Function:
- Assist in expanding project management capabilities for the entire organization.
- Deploy best practices, tools and templates into assigned team(s) using accepted project management methodologies.
- Become a strategic partner in the R&D Project and Portfolio Management leadership team.
- Become the objective sounding board to the Crop team and a strategic partner to the Crop Product Manager to drive the program in the most effective and efficient way forward.
- Understands and embodies our mission & core values.
- Good leadership skills:
- Recognizes and builds on individual strengths.
- Able to lead a group towards planned goals.
- Effective listening skills.
- Able to motivate team members.
- Process-oriented and can operate, with assistance, where processes are incomplete.
- Able to deliver a high-quality product under high pressure and short timelines, with assistance from senior leadership.
- “Can do” approach to problem-solving.
- Good emotional intelligence; builds relationships, stakeholder management, targeted communication.
- Good cross-functional networking and communication skills.
- Good understanding of the link between strategy and operations.
- Able to influence and lead team members without authority.
- Able to drive aggressive goals, with support from senior leadership.
- Effective meeting facilitator.
- Good technical skills:
- Project Management Methodology.
- Crop Product development knowledge.
- At least 3-5 years of Project Management experience
- BS degree, preferably in the sciences; Agricultural background a plus
- Experienced in use of Project Management tools
- Exceptional MS Project PowerPoint skills
- Experience helping to drive change
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across an organization both vertically and horizontally
- Experience managing others both directly and indirectly through influence