Senior Agile Coach
We are seeking a Senior Agile Coach that has deep knowledge of Agile/Lean concepts and practices and “in-the-trenches” experience helping organizations and teams adopt and refine their practices to produce efficient and successful software delivery outcomes. This Agile guru will have expertise working with various Lean/Agile methods, including but not limited to Scrum, Kanban, and XP as well as the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
The Senior Agile Coach will embed with teams from time to time to help enforce desired Agile behaviors and address various team anti-patterns. Additionally, he or she will be well-versed in and able to apply Scaled Agile concepts, principles, and practices promoted in an industry-accepted Scaled Agile framework (preferably SAFe) that helps Everbridge connect its strategy to the execution of its portfolio and program initiatives. The successful candidate will fulfill the role of Release Train Engineer (RTE) for one or more of our Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and demonstrate Agile program management leadership consistently, working effectively with individual contributors as well as multiple levels of management on regularly.
- Serve as both a Team and Program Coach concurrently
- Reimagine the Agile Coaching function at Everbridge by developing a coaching playbook
- Develop metrics that help evaluate the effectiveness of coaching engagements
- Research, publish, and present Agile/Lean guidance to teams regularly
- Serve as a Release Train Engineer (RTE) for one or more Agile Release Trains by facilitating Program Increment (PI) Planning preparation, execution, and tracking activities, including Program Backlog grooming, PI Planning, and Inspect & Adapt workshops, among others
- Help manage and administer Agile program management tools, including AgileCraft and Real Time Board
- Experience as an Agile coach
- Industry certification reflecting Agile/Lean competencies (e.g., SPC, CRTE, ICP-ACC or CEC, CSM)
- Self-aware, confident yet humble team player who embodies the concept of servant leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally as needed, approximately 4-6 times per year
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Project Management, or a related discipline with relevant work experience
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 500+ dedicated employees support over 3,700 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
- Over 1,000 Hospitals
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!