Senior Director, edX Degree Programs
At edX, a Cambridge-based non-profit, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to fulfilling careers and lifelong success. Today, edX provides more than 18 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, Oxford, and UC Berkeley. EdX provides inspirational and transformative knowledge to students of all ages, social status, and income, worldwide.
edX has disrupted online learning and is uniquely positioned to innovate again with our online Master’s degrees. We’re hiring a strategic leader with a passion for OPM products that can enable our partners to offer best in class Master’s degrees and stackable credentials.
The Senior Director of edX Degree Programs is responsible for the successful launch and ongoing operations of online degrees on edX, starting with our first degree program offering stackable online Master’s. This person plays a role in driving success in online degree programs for edX, our university partners and learners.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for building new lines of business, a proven track record of leading new, cross functional initiatives and an entrepreneurial, do whatever it takes mentality. This person possesses strategic thinking, business acumen and expertise in the stakeholder influence required to deliver highly innovative, lean online degree programs.
- Drive all processes to create complete end-to-end degree offerings, working with internal and external stakeholders
- Direct and execute all program delivery operations, including market analysis, lead gen and marketing, admissions, enrollment management, program creation and student support and retention
- Define and manage overall degree and specific program key metrics
- Help to determine technology needed (edX platform and third party integrations) to deliver world-class programs with high student and instructor satisfaction
- Over time, lead a team responsible for end-to-end program delivery
- 7 or more years relevant experience working in online degrees either in higher education or at an online program management provider that covers the full degree program lifecycle, from course creation and program launch through to student completion
- A strong communicator and project manager with demonstrated strategic planning ability
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams to achieve audacious goals
- Flexible management and communication style, with the ability to operate effectively at multiple organizational layers, and comfortable working in matrixed organizational structures
- Ability to spot issues early and escalate challenges appropriately to quickly find solutions
Nice to have:
- Master’s degree (taken online)
- P/L management experience