Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never heard of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you.
The Solutions Consultant partners with the New Logo Sales and Account Management teams to drive sales of Interactions products and services. Activities include: platform integration management and guidance, team coordination, delivering presentations, documenting requirements, understanding customer needs and architecting solutions for them, writing proposals and assisting with responses to RFP/RFI documents, and strategizing with Sales teams to drive sales.
Essential Job Functions*:
- Provide consultative technical expertise supporting Interactions' customers; this will include technical presentations, conducting deep technical reviews, organizing software validation exercises, as well as collaborating on customer RFIs and RFPs.
- Document knowledge specific to our most complex and technical capabilities and issues for use by internal teams.
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills in working with internal teams and expand personal and team knowledge of existing and planned products.
- Provide solution architecture to customer requirements.
- Provide support for all pre-sales activities.
- Provide technical clarifications to RFP’s and Proposal queries.
- Provide guidance to Interactions’ product teams for new directions and requirements of customers.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Six to nine years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of scoping customer requirements and relating them to solutions.
- Strong history of selling large complex sales, both cloud and premise based solutions. Domain experience in AI, ASR, IVR, VA, etc. Experience providing consultative technical expertise supporting customers in large enterprise environments. To include technical presentations, conducting deep technical reviews, organizing software validation exercises, creation of business requirement documents, dialog call flows and final prospect business cases, as well as collaborating on customer RFIs and RFPs. Ability to document knowledge specific to our most complex and technical capabilities and issues for use by internal teams. Seven plus years of experience working in a client-facing technical service environment supporting cloud or premise based products. Strong history of selling large complex sales, both cloud and premise based solutions. Domain experience in AI, ASR, IVR, VA, Contact Center background.
- Must be able to develop a "trusted advisor" relationship with IT, business and our sponsor(s), which will help to influence their buying bias and their acceptance of new cloud based solutions. Strong technical presence, but able to convey the solution in a business style, while maintaining a consistent leader role in the opportunity. IE: Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to control, manage and lead a 1-2 day discovery session with SMEs across all areas of the business, technology, contact center and data warehousing organizations. Extensive Contact Center / Customer self-service background. Knowledge of scoping customer requirements and relating them to solutions. Experience in all aspects of pre-sales. Experience in providing solution architecture to B2C as well as B2E. Strong collaboration and communication skills, leadership, organization, and the ability to work well in teams. Strong analytical skills and demonstrated creative problem-solving approach. Experience in speech technologies and industry trends related to the speech industry. Strong in qualifying in/out sales opportunities based on an evolving set of data and metrics.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, leadership, organization, and the ability to work well in teams. Ability to travel 50-75% of the time (US and possibly out of country on a rare occasion). Willing to work outside normal business hours when needed. Should have a strong understanding of who and what Interactions is when coming to the interview process. Solution and market ecosystem plays: what we do, our value proposition, who we compete with, benefits to our customers, and disruptive nature of AI in the customer care function and the B2C large enterprise specifically.