- The Strategic Consultant will be responsible for Process efficiency. Coordinating and collaborating with strategic partners across the company to facilitate an effective strategy reviewing process
- Manage the highly organized strategic initiative reviewing processes to align with financial planning
- Partner with strategic initiative owners across the enterprise to execute the deliverables with timeliness and quality
- Understand the ‘flow’ of all relevant information throughout the reviewing processes; identify and implement process improvements as appropriate
- Provide consultation to process partners when needed to enhance business outcome
- Analytics and insights. Applying qualitative and quantitative analysis to strategic initiatives to increase the value of information provided
- Apply consistent and standardized methodology to capture key financial measures of strategic initiatives, while balancing the need of customization for the uniqueness of certain businesses.
- Provide financial analysis and strategic support for new strategic opportunities.
- Provide insights that support optimal decision making
- Recommend and develop analytics applications that automate and enhance the value added to strategic reviews and analyses.
- Communication - synthesizing large amounts of information to key messages on presentation-friendly media to inform opportunities to achieve greater value from strategic execution
- Build management reporting output
- Provide synthesized presentation with clear visualization of the key points for management discussion
- Identify and highlight opportunities for management to consider in the prioritization and optimization of the strategic portfolio
- Establish strategic reporting calendars, including monthly SLT, quarterly ELT and semi-annual Board deliverables, as well as ad-hoc requests
- Produce analysis and reporting on the performance of strategic initiatives to Executive Leadership Team(ELT) quarterly and to Board of Directors bi-annually
- Oversee the monthly production of MMUS strategic initiatives reporting, providing consultation as needed and ensuring alignment with enterprise wide processes and standards.
- Map the data flows of strategic initiative information; collaborate with business and finance partners to ensure effective and accurate information flow; recommend and implement process improvements as appropriate.
- Design analytics application(s) to digitize the strategic initiative analysis and communication. Collaborate with Financial Insights to ensure alignment.
- Support special projects as needed
- Strong logistical skills with experience managing large processes to meet tight deadlines and achieve target outcomes
- Proven quantitative capabilities, including value-based financial analysis (e.g., NPV, ROE, IRR, etc.)
- Advanced visual communications skills to synthesize large amounts of information in efficient media to enable quick information intake and to highlight key points.
- Out-of-box thinking that challenges status-quo and proactively seeks process improvement opportunities and stretch assignments
- Hands-on data analytics experience preferred (e.g. SQL, R, Python, SAS, Microstrategy, etc.)
- Bachelors required
- Must be eligible to work in the United State without sponsorship now or in the future
- MBA, PHD and other designations strongly preferred
- Knowledge of diverse insurance products and services a strong plus