Technical Content Manager
Technical Content Project Manager
Rapid7’s Content Strategy team is looking for a Technical Content PM to join us as we expand our role from proposal writers to content creators and project managers. You will be responsible for evaluating inbound RFPs to determine whether to bid, helping ensure we are focused on providing exceptional partnership for strategic opportunities. The Technical Content PM will create draft proposals and provide project oversight including establishing timelines, coordinating and delegating assignments, and conducting status updates/check-ins with the response team.
The Technical Content PM is also responsible for contributing to the maintenance and expansion of the master content library, identifying areas for growth and creating new content for use both by Content Strategy in proposals and company-wide in a self-service capacity.
This position offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic environment, collaborate with a variety of departments, and combine technical knowledge developed on the job with creativity to produce professional materials for internal and external customers.
- Perform intake and evaluation of submitted RFPs and Information Security questionnaires; work with cross-functional response teams to make go/no-go bid determination
- Provide end-to-end project management for the response process; maintain clear and effective communication with stakeholders to clarify expectations, communicate roles and responsibilities, and ensure timely delivery of response
- Generate draft proposals in response to customer requirements; work closely with cross-functional subject matter experts to complete all required proposal sections; edit to ensure grammatical and technical accuracy, as well as to ensure consistency of messaging, tone, voice, and brand throughout the proposal
- Create Statements of Work and accompanying quotes for sales of Rapid7 Consulting’s services
- Participate in the ongoing review and update of content for the master content library; capture and modify content released across functions for inclusion in the master content library; author new content through partnership with subject matter experts and continuous learning about Rapid7’s portfolio
- Contribute to evolution of proposal strategy, including competitive analysis and win theme development
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding of Rapid7’s complete portfolio of products and services
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and 2 years of professional experience required; degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Ability to partner well with stakeholders across multiple internal functions, primarily Sales, Sales Engineering, and Consulting teams
- Strong knowledge of MS Office required; experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- Eagerness and ability to learn