Technical Software Program Manager
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in over 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
Markforged is seeking a talented and motivated Technical Software Program Manager who will be part of the Program Management team. This employee’s focus will be on delivering strategic product initiatives to the field. The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the development of new products from the initial planning/scoping phases through launch of a new innovative products.
In this role you will:
- Responsible for effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, forecasting, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering all activities for projects and related release initiatives.
- Serve as the primary conduit, for projects, between all functional organizations across the value chain.
- Oversee the day-to-day progress of project(s) and Software release process with regard to time, budget, scope and quality and apply processes to report release status, key metrics and deliverables.
- Collaborate with product managers, as well as colleagues in engineering and design, to gather requirements and task out work
- Maintain clear systems of documentation, ensuring that all product decisions are well-documented
- Demonstrate leadership by working with representatives from Product Management, Content, Documentation, Support, Marketing, Operations, and Sales to prioritize and negotiate internal resource allocation to formulate a release plan. This would include:
- Coordinate with members of the product team to establish timelines for release of software features
- Identify the components of a release which will require documentation and work with Content/Documentation to push material on schedule with the related release
- Communicate with support prior to every release, ensure they have the resources they need to successfully support the release
- Coordinate and account for impacts to Operations (new parts getting shipped, new devices, new materials) when making a new release
- Coordinate with Marketing to drive communications to the customer, VAR and internal communications highlighting impactful changes.
- Support Marketing and Product in training sales on significant releases
- Manage the project risk register and associated mitigation plan.
- Own and manage the software release management process, including running release meetings.
- Coordinate and communicate project status regularly to project teams, stakeholders across the value chain and the management team
- Continuously improve team processes and tools in the spirit of Agile Project Management and lean operations
- Team Management, holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work
- Promote empowerment of the team, mentoring team members where necessary
What we look for:
- 5-7 years of Software program management experience specifically in the areas of SaaS is required
- Strong background in hardware and software integration
- Program management experience in advanced development or the development of new technologies using both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in cross-functional environment.
- Experience with Phase Gate product deliveries
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Experience with managing contracts and relationships with external partners to include contract manufacturers
- Strong systems-level critical thinking skills
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or technology required
- Experience with Gantt and task management tools; PMP preferred
- Jira working knowledge/experience preferred
- Experience working in a startup and growth environment is a plus.
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description