Who we are
kununu is changing the way companies and their employees interact. We’ve built a platform around transparency: to give people a lens into companies before they decide to work there, and for companies to show their true colors to prospective employees. The opportunity is a big one: we represent a voice with the potential to drive huge change across “work” as we know it today. Employees need to be heard. Companies need to provide more. When there’s alignment between companies and their people, everybody wins. Our market is huge, and with it comes the opportunity to meaningfully impact people's lives.
We’re a well funded venture, backed by large strategic investors. As a company, this uniquely allows us to move with speed against the market opportunity, while also affording us the critical resources to invest in our people (THAT’S YOU!), our product, and our customers.
As an Account Executive at kununu your mission is to engage potential prospects and close purchases of our employer branding products. You will become an expert on how to sell kununu, including an understanding of our products, call scripts and value propositions/sales pitches. 90% of our selling is done via phone, so you’re comfortable and motivated by phone-based engagement, supported by email outreach and follow-up.
This is not a typical selling environment - our sales team is a team, not five individuals who sit together. We try new things, measure how they perform and change our selling recipe. We are dedicated individual success, but also the success of the team and the broader company. Our ultimate goal is amazingly happy customers and we can only get there through honest, open dialog with prospects - as such conducting yourself with integrity is a must-have.
If all this sounds like just what you’re looking for, let’s talk.
- Leverage book of warm and cold leads to start new conversations with prospects (no need to source your own prospects - we make this part easy so you can hit the phones)
- Book fact-finding calls to assess if there’s a fit between our offering and prospect needs
- Customize sales pitch leveraging existing assets, mapping to customer challenges (not a lot of custom powerpoint work, but you’ll be editing and substituting slides)
- Close deals by driving post-pitch engagement
- Develop relationships with new people through phone, email, professional networking and social media
- Leverage Salesforce software to manage pipeline - we manage our data/reporting pretty rigorously
- Partner with Sales Ops, Marketing and Customer Success to enable them to support your efforts and vice-versa. We’re all in this together.
- Think creatively and systematically to identify issues with our cold calling and sales pitches to come up with new ideas/things to try so we can continuously improve our approach and outcomes
- 2+ years of experience in phone-based selling, ideally in a SaaS environment
- With your communication skills, you shine in conversations with prospects, charming and convincing through every touchpoint
- You bring an entrepreneurial spirit to your efforts and are inspired by having your compensation increase based on your success
- Enjoy connecting with new people and building new relationships via phone
- A curious brain with a “can-do” attitude
- Able to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills, especially for external communications
- Experience with PowerPoint required
- Experience with Salesforce and selling to HR preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year degree) preferred, but not required