Help shape the future of transportation for cities, colleges, and companies by working for the nation’s leading bike share company. Zagster Inc. is a fast-growing startup backed by leading transportation investors and based in Cambridge, MA with a mission to make bicycling the world’s most loved form of transportation.
Zagster Inc. provides the hardware, software, and operational systems that power more than 200 public (Pace brand) and private (Zagster brand) bike share programs in over 30 states, including programs for cities like Rochester and Tallahassee, and campuses including The Ohio State University, Texas A&M, Samsung, and General Motors.
The Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with select B2B customers. Acting as a trusted advisor, the Account Manager will work with the customer to define goals, establish account plans, and collaborate with internal and external teams to achieve success.
The Account Manager is an innovator and creative problem solver willing to go above and beyond to achieve results. The Account Manager is viewed as a leader with the ability to direct cross functional groups to a successful result.
The Account Manager reports to the Director of Account Management.
- Achieve growth and profit margin targets for select customer base ranging from $50K-$250 in annual revenue
- Cultivate long-lasting relationships with business customers becoming the Trusted Advisor, primarily through phone and email with some face to face interactions
- Collaborate with Sales and Project Management to ensure successful system launches
- Define key metrics and targets with customer base to measure program success
- Develop account plans to achieve established goals and growth targets
- Support with developing marketing strategy to maximize rider adoption and system usage
- Compile and present performance reporting, identifying trends and improvement opportunities
- Assess and mitigate risk with customers, sponsors, and key advocates
- Act as the customer advocate collaborating with internal partners to optimize program performance
- Lead cross-functional projects necessary for program success
- Manage customer activity in Salesforce.com CRM for maximum efficiency and visibility to ensure closure on any open customer issues, questions, or objections
- Represent Zagster at events and functions to further customer relationships
- 3-5 years of B2B relationship management, Government and/or University experience is a plus
- Proven track record in account expansion and quota attainment
- Excellent probing and listening skills to uncover the account needs and growth potential
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively to buying decision makers
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities through data and execute on improvement plans
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Experience balancing internal business objectives (Profit/Revenue) and Customer goals
- Experience leading large cross functional projects
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree required