Business Development Representative
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will be responsible for the initial prospecting and qualifying of sales leads. Gathering prospect/customer information which includes: researching the prospect’s company for industry information, competitors, compelling business events, key decision-makers, and important information needed to take the prospect to the next sales stage. This is an exciting role for recent graduates starting their careers in sales. It provides a foundation for future sales roles, and is a great way to join a fast-paced and growing company.
In this role, you will:
- Qualify leads from various methods of marketing programs.
- Communicate to prospective customers the value of MarkForged.
- Maintain accurate records within Salesforce
- Qualify prospects and forward to the Sales team to engage the customer, focusing on increasing the probability of new sales activity.
- Direct discussions with the prospects focusing on appropriate key messages through identification of account type, such as Major accounts, Prospect Accounts, and Commercial Accounts
- Provide ongoing Lead Development for prospects that are not currently ready to purchase.
- Expand job knowledge and skill set to remain current with products and positioning through ongoing training.
- Professionally represent MarkForged at all times, working positively and effectively with internal resources and external customers.
- Take lead on sales related actions for each territory
What we look for:
- 6 months+ of professional experience and/or training in an Inside Sales environment preferred (or relevant internship experience in a sales environment).
- Ability to understand and analyze customer requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent networking skills, both internal and external
- The ability to function in a team atmosphere, appreciate aggressive goals, and have excellent organizational/time management skills is also desired
- A positive, can-do attitude is a key quality to succeed on the Markforged sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Interest in 3D printing a plus!
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description