Business Development Representative
Threat Stack enables DevOps and SecOps teams to innovate and scale security by providing full-stack security observability from the control plane up to the application layer. Purpose-built for today’s infrastructure, the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform® and Cloud SecOps Program℠ combine cloud-optimized intrusion defense, continuous security monitoring, and proactive risk assessment to help security and operations teams detect security incidents, achieve compliance, and secure infrastructure in transition.
Building a great company starts with building a great team. We’re dedicated to building a team of individuals who are passionate, motivated, and have fun inside and outside the office. We have something special happening at Threat Stack, and now is your opportunity to get in early and join a great team on an explosive path.
We are looking for a high-energy Business Development Representative to play an instrumental role in accelerating our sales initiatives and business growth. We need a self-starter who excels in fast-paced startup environments and thrives on being a team player.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and contact prospective customers by telephone, email, and online social networking tools to identify opportunities.
- Coordinate and participate in telephone conference calls and demos with potential clients and partners.
- Work collaboratively with the Account Executive team to develop and strengthen the pipeline.
- Consistently hit and exceed goals by identifying opportunities, developing prospecting techniques, and qualifying leads at an exceptional pace and quality.
- Engage in ongoing training programs to strengthen sales methodology, skills set, and product pitch.
- Consistently and reliably maintain all relevant sales activity data and results within Salesforce.
- Strive for and achieve growth milestones to advance career within Threat Stack.
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Excellent writing skills and proofreading skills with an eye for detail
- Computer literate with email and general Internet skills; Salesforce + SalesLoft experience a plus
- Highly organized and efficient
- Ability to implement and improve processes and systems
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly confident in “think on your feet” scenarios (particularly on the phone)
- At least 6 months BDR experience preferred, but not required