Business Intelligence Analyst
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will play an integral role in our budding Business Intelligence and Analytics group. This person will work with every department at Toast to develop actionable insights through statistical programming, reporting, and kpi definition. We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic candidate with experience analyzing datasets of various sizes and levels of cleanliness.
- Build tools/dashboards to automate reporting and generate insights that will allow managers to quickly and accurately see how our products and processes are performing.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new reporting and BI tools and administer those tools going forward
- Drive complex statistical modeling development, enhancement, and maintenance around all aspects of the business including credit card processing, sales pipeline, product data from our restaurant customers (billions of rows), and more
- Partner with key stakeholders and business leaders to provide strategic support and recommendations across various Toast departments, including: Sales, Marketing, Support,
Finance, Product, Services, and Executives
- 2-5+ years of in BI or Data Analytics, or advanced degree in as quantitative field
- SQL and Excel expert
- Experience with Python (Pandas, NumPy, etc), SAS, Stata, or R
- Ability to efficiently analyze huge volumes of data and present concise and clear recommendations of results
- A highly quantitative problem solver who loves to dig into different kinds of data and can confidently and successfully communicate their findings to stakeholders in different departments
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Work experience in a high growth tech or SaaS company
- Familiarity with NetSuite or Salesforce
- Background building interactive dashboards in a tool such as Tableau, Domo, SiSense, Looker, etc