Director Customer Success Management
Director of Customer Success Management
Rapid7 is breaking down silos and transforming how Security, IT, and DevOps teams work together to drive secure innovation. Our analytics and automation cloud, Rapid7 Insight, provides the shared visibility, intelligence, and connected workflow these teams need to manage the vulnerabilities, threats, and performance issues that put their organizations at risk. With more than 7,100 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture.
Developing meaningful customer partnerships is not just something we talk about at Rapid7 - it’s a core value in everything we do. From product development to sales, marketing and support, providing our customers with better outcomes in protecting and securing their organizations is our mission.
This key role within our Customer Success organization, reporting to the VP, Worldwide Customer Success Management, will be responsible for leading a team of Customer Success Managers in the care, retention, and growth of our customers. This population of customers represents a significant portion of Rapid7’s annual recurring revenue, and this person will help to design and execute on our customer relationship strategy that is focused on driving high retention (95%+) across a highly diverse and large percentage of Fortune 500 brands.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in working with large customers (F500) in both proactive and reactive manners, participating in and driving cross-functional programs focused on improving customer experience, and has a proven track record for coaching and advancing their team to high standards of excellence. This leader has a passion for solving problems, is devoted to operational and engagement improvements, and is committed to developing the skills of their team. If you are someone who is excited to lead strategy as well as roll up your sleeves and contribute to the team’s goals and evolution, then this may be the role for you!
- Predictably manage recurring revenue and deliver high on-time renewal rates
- Own key metrics for your team including renewal forecast, activity management, upsells, adoption, and churn
- Guide adoption practices with the goal of driving increased value realization and decreased time-to-value from our solutions
- Recruit, coach, motivate and direct a high performing team
- Build and support a high-energy, customer-focused culture
- Personally manage escalations and negotiations alongside your direct reports
- Define and oversee the lifecycle process and touch points of high volume customers
- Develop repeatable and scalable methodology for CSMs to deeply understand our customers’ objectives and provide consultative, team-based advice
- Expand our revenue in accounts through supporting cross-sell and upsell
- Work cross-functionally to advocate for customer needs and ensure proper company alignment in support of these accounts
- Proven experience leading a Customer Success organization for a rapidly growing SaaS company
- An experienced winner, who understands the customer buying process and leverages sales methodology to exceed targets with accurate pipeline management and forecasting
- A strong communicator who can articulate the needs of the customer and resolve both short and long-term issues
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking – able to take complex customer concerns and orchestrate resources and tactics to address them
- A solid professional, with a minimum of 10 years experience in a B2B client facing role managing a high performing team (professional services, sales, CSM, or account management)
- Be able to travel up to 20% of the time to customer meetings or remote offices