District Sales Manager
Toast, launched in 2013, powers restaurants with a technology platform that combines restaurant POS, front of house, back of house and guest-facing technology, with a diverse marketplace of third-party applications. By pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success, Toast helps restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue and deliver amazing guest experiences. With an impressive $249M in funding and a recent valuation of $1.4B, Toast joins the ranks as one of the highest valued "unicorn" start-ups in the country! We work hard and care about our customers' success. Our funding has fueled aggressive growth plans; we are looking for passionate and driven sales professionals and leaders to join us for the ride!
Toast is looking for a District Sales Manager in the Metro-Boston market to hire, build and manage a growing team of Territory Account Executives. Qualified candidates must possess a demonstrated track record of success in scaling and leading a team of outside sales executives in a customer-facing and service-oriented environment. This is a player/coach role working closely with his/her sales team to drive results and help new restaurants increase revenue/profitability, and improve guest experiences!
- Manage and develop a quota-achieving sales team
- Assist and train the sales team to cultivate and build strong client relationships
- Help sales executives generate interest in Toast through calls, emails and walk-ins, trade shows and partnerships
- Assist the team in managing the full sales cycle with an emphasis on restaurant walk-ins and demos to owners and GM's.
- Assist in hiring, training and managing a sales team to exceed quotas
- 3+ years of sales experience with complex software and/or hardware solutions, professional services and/or prior experience in the POS industry
- Demonstrated sales management experience building customer-facing, quota-achieving sales teams responsible for the full cycle of sales from prospecting/lead-generation to closing.
- Experience working with software technologies providing customer demos (ideally in-person).
- Strong business acumen, goal oriented, with a proven track record of achieving targets and objectives
- Driven – possessing a strong desire to be successful, self-starter and a true initiator
- POS, restaurant and hospitality experience is desired but not required.