Enterprise Sales Manager
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We are looking for an Enterprise Sales Manager to work with the top 500+ businesses in the world (our customers) to help them adopt ezCater as a tool. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a true player-coach with the ability to manage and mentor reps effectively, as well as create processes to help them sell more.
It’s a conversational sale with a strong message and you will help business professionals discover that they can order all of their business catering through us. Your job is to help take our enterprise sales team to the next level. You could view us as a start-up waiting for you to make your mark. Except… you’re selling a proven product with happy customers and a 4.8-star rating from people who say, “Wow. Why didn’t *I* think of this?”
What you’ll do:
- Lead, hire, and build. You are a coach who’ll start by taking over some subset of current eight hunters and help attract, interview, train, and mentor our next dozen superstars.
- Motivate. Your team to call, call, call, and get better and faster at closing business professionals across the US.
- Invent. We’ve been selling ezCater for 10 years, but this will be our most focused enterprise sales effort. Build off our experience, and if you don’t have a constant stream of new use cases/talk tracks/approaches to A/B test, you’re not being creative enough.
- Coach. You help your junior hunters become senior, and your senior hunters become even better at their craft.
- Collaborate. You have our Marketing department to help with targeting and lead gen, and our Customer Service Ninjas for killer support.
- Be Prepared. You need to know your stuff before you can teach it to someone else. Come in ready to do the job yourself side by side with your team for the first 30 days.
- Travel up to 50%
- Love people. You’ve hired, managed, and grown enterprise salespeople who are professional, personable, and great closers.
- Are numbers-driven. You get that sales is a machine. You’ve got your favorite ways to measure results and Excel is your friend.
- Are a success. People have worked for you more than once.
- Are technologically savvy. CRM and SFA tools are child’s play to you.
- Are nice. You play well with others – and command credibility, too.
- Are a born deal maker. You understand that your job is to help get deals done that work for all parties.
- Have 3+ years of experience building and managing high-performing enterprise sales teams.
- Have 7+ years of experience being an enterprise sale professional yourself.
- Understand and have experience selling to C-level, VPs, Compliance, IT, and Procurement.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s unmatched transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.