Inside Sales Manager
ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $22 billion market. Our 2M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners and Iconiq Capital, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
People love our service. Your inside sales team helps people learn about us and become complete converts – dare we say, addicts? – To ezCater. It’s a conversational sale with a strong message, helping business professionals discover that they can order all their business catering through us. Your job is to help take our inside sales team to the next level. You could view us as a start-up waiting for you to make your mark. Except… you’re selling a proven product with happy customers and a 4.8-star rating from people who say, “Wow. Why didn’t *I* think of this?”
What you’ll do:
- Lead and hire. You are a coach who’ll start by taking over some subset of current 12 hunters and help attract, interview, train, and mentor our next dozen superstars.
- Motivate. Your team to call, call, call, and get better and faster at closing business professionals across the US.
- Invent. We’ve been selling ezCater for 10 years, but this will be our most focused inside sales effort. Build off our experience, and if you don’t have a constant stream of new use cases/talk tracks/approaches to A/B test, you’re not being creative enough.
- Coach. You help your junior hunters become senior, and your senior hunters become even better at their craft.
- Collaborate. You have our Marketing department to help with targeting and lead gen, and our Customer Service Ninjas for killer support.
- Be Prepared. You need to know your stuff before you can teach it to someone else. Come in ready to do the job yourself for the first 30 days.
- Love people. You’ve hired, managed, and grown inside salespeople who are professional, personable, and great closers.
- Understand food people. Your team will be ex-catering managers and other restaurant escapees from a variety of venues.
- Be numbers-driven. You get that sales is a machine. You’ve got your favorite ways to measure results and Excel is your friend.
- Be a success. People have worked for you more than once.
- Be technically savvy. CRM and SFA tools are child’s play to you.
- Be nice. You play well with others – and command credibility, too.
- Have 3+ years experience building and managing high-performing sales teams.
- Understand and have experience selling to admins, salespeople, and other business professionals.
Types of websites you read:
- Venture Beat
Types of Books you have read:
- Challenger Sale
- Predicable Revenue
- Hacking Growth
- From Impossible to Inevitable
What you'll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.