Were you born to coach? Do you get more satisfaction from the success and growth of your team than your own? If so, you may be the leader SmartBear is looking for.
Our Sales Development organization is one of the fastest growing teams at the company. We are hiring a new Manager to work with the Director of Sales Development to support and scale this vital part of the business. In this role, you will lead an existing team of Sales Development Reps; providing daily coaching and mentorship while teaching them the knowledge and skills required to take the next step in their career.
- Hire, train, motivate and coach the next generation of SmartBear sales talent
- Coordinate with Sales Leadership to build varied targeted calling campaigns
- Coach your team to identify, contact and qualify prospects; building a strong pipeline of qualified opportunities with their respective Territory Managers
- Report on weekly, monthly and quarterly metrics to Director of Sales Development
- Work with each team member to develop them into highly productive sales professionals; preparing them for the next step in their careers
We are looking for…
- 2+ years of success in a software/technology role as an individual contributor or manager (selling into IT, inside sales model, understanding of and experience managing a sales cycle - cold call to closed business, specific focus on prospecting and lead sourcing)
- Prior leadership experience (preferably a team of professionals early in their sales career)
- Ability to build rapport and credibility with an impressionable team
- Strong analytical skills
- Operational understanding of Salesforce.com and Excel
- Superior Communication (verbal/written) Skills
- Past experience collaborating with other functions
- Self-starter who can multi-task and adapt in a rapidly growing company
You should apply if you are…
- High Energy
- Passionate about sales, your team and professional development
- Committed to attainment of critical metrics
- A great mentor and teacher
- An excellent listener
- Intelligent and ready/willing to learn
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and driven to success
- Naturally competitive and love a challenge
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.