At edX, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to fulfilling careers and lifelong success. Today, edX provides more than 18 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, Oxford, and UC Berkeley. EdX provides inspirational and transformative knowledge to students of all ages, social status, and income, worldwide.
Are you a proactive, results-oriented professional who enjoys solving problems, pursuing opportunities and building deep, consultative relationships?
Partner Managers are responsible for managing a portfolio of partners and providing ongoing consultative support to increase the revenue, performance, and portfolio of content offered by the university/organization. This role goes beyond traditional account management as you’ll be responsible for driving results by securing content in in-demand areas from the world’s best universities and education organizations, consulting with partners on how to increase the performance of current content, and guiding partners to adopt edX strategies and best practices.
Partner Managers bring a combination of business acumen and executive presence, advisory skills, account/project management experience and a proven ability to achieve results.
- Relationship Building & Management: Serve as primary point of contact for edX partners and own relationships across the institution. Set and achieve goals related to the partnership, marketing strategy, and course content portfolio.
- Business Development: Pursue new content opportunities at your partner institutions to meet edX business objectives and partner goals.
- Advising: Provide ongoing consultative support to partners on marketing, content strategy, and how to meet our mutual goals/objectives for the partnership.
- Cross-Functional Coordination: Collaborate with edX executives to meet our business objectives with partners and effectively coordinate with internal teams from marketing, product and support to deliver on partnership needs/goals.
- 5+ years experience in professional services, account management or business development, serving diverse global organizations
- Proven success achieving measurable, aggressive growth targets.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally
- Ability to manage a portfolio of multiple projects from various partners simultaneously.
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication.
- Comfort with ambiguity and proactive, optimistic approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and get work done through others. Strong stakeholder management across a range of partners, levels, functions.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment and demonstrates a startup mentality.
- Open to domestic and international travel, up to 20%.
- Demonstrated history of closing major new business deals (>$100,000) with universities or enterprise client base
- Demonstrated working knowledge of educational technologies, deploying SaaS technologies, or content production preferred.
- Proven ability to meet or beat quota-based goals - e.g. revenue or services/product sales targets.
- Fluent foreign language skills, Spanish preferred
This is an individual contributor role where a high degree of both self-direction and team collaboration expected.
EdX is an MIT & Harvard funded start-up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of re-inventing education?
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.