Sales Manager, Named Accounts
Driven by results and defined by excellence, the Named Sales Manager is responsible for a team in the SouthEast. Supported by sales engineers, a channel team, business strategy and enablement, marketing and product team, the ideal candidate is an unstoppable dynamo focused on teamwork, fun, and success. The Named Sales Manager will be tasked with managing up to 7 reps that will be selling our award-winning Threat Exposure Management product suite to Billion Dollar organizations.
A natural sales leader, the Named Sales Manager will develop innovative strategies to extend the Rapid7 Named Accounts sales model, maximize new product markets and build a predictable sales engine. Leveraging energy and activity, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to motivate, coach and challenge their teams to re-define success and create a phenomenal customer experience.
- Responsible to build upon and develop an existing sales team responsible for hyper-growth in the white hot security industry
- Manage a sales team responsible for selling the Rapid7 TEM (Threat Exposure Management) technology and associated services to accounts based in either the SouthEast region
- Work with marketing to develop targeted sales campaigns for the team that promote the Rapid7 TEM products and associated services within this segment
- Strategize with the team on positioning for high level security products and services initiatives
- Proactively look for new revenue generating opportunities
- Work with new hires in developing and being proficient in the Rapid7 sales methodology materials and current product knowledge
- A solid professional, with 5+ years of experience in a quota carrying software sales experience
- 2+ years sales management experience
- Security industry experience preferred
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members
- Proven record of success, and the understanding of both the customer buying process and the sales methodology
- Accountable for business growth and target attainment through accurate pipeline management and forecasting
- A natural ability to build strong relationships to ensure growth by leveraging channel partners and the broader security community
- A charismatic leader, who can attract talent, takes pride in individual growth and has the ability to grow the team into the next phase of their development
- The ability to work cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Customer Success, People Strategy, etc.
- Up to 25% travel is required for this role
Rapid7 (NASDAQ: RPD) is a team of highly motivated individuals dedicated to making the world a safer place through innovative cybersecurity solutions. With over 7,200 customers (including half of the Fortune 100) across 120 countries, Rapid7 aims to give Security, IT, and Development teams the tools needed to dramatically improve their security operations. Consistently named one of the best places to work by the Boston Business Journal, Rapid7 views its people as its most important asset and invests heavily in employee career development and company culture.