Sales Operations Analyst
Drift’s Operations team sits at the center of all of our go-to-market initiatives. We’re looking for a Sales Operations Analyst to join our team and help us drive, enable, and support a rapidly growing Sales team.
What you will be doing on the Ops team at Drift:
- Partnering with Sales leadership on forecasting and KPI reporting versus goals, and helping identify key strategic insights to improve our business
- Building and executing territory planning and lead distribution engines that prioritize the right leads at the right time for the right reps
- Daily, weekly, monthly sales reporting for all of our key business units, down to the individual level
- Tracking the average sale price, sales cycle, and conversion rates are by sales rep, channel, and source to monitor trends
- Data deep dives to find pockets of opportunities for our business
- Analyzing our processes to find ways to optimize our real-time selling motion and increase our speed
About you and what type of things you’ll need:
- You are a self-starter with a voracious appetite to learn and grow
- You are able to translate complex data into simple insights, and communicate them effectively
- You are methodical in your routine and pride yourself in the accuracy of your work
- You are well spoken and your written and verbal communication is clear
- You can adapt to rapidly-changing environments and work with cross-functional teams
- You have a genuine interest in sales, sales methodology, and building the new way businesses buy from businesses
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years experience in Sales Operations or Revenue Operations
Things you love doing...
- CRM management (Salesforce workflows, CPQ, customization, reporting)
- Everything Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, forecasting)
- Process management (Zapier, Google, Trello, Jira)
- Other analytics (Amplitude, Heap, Mode, and more)
- Drift is the world's leading conversational marketing and sales platform that helps businesses connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. After just two years in market, the company has become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all-time and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
At Drift, team members:
- Have complete ownership and accountability over their role and functional area
- Have complete transparency into the rest of the company (and are expected to show their work and do the same)
- Have a sense of urgency. We are building a once in a lifetime company at Drift, so we move fast every single day.