Sales Operations Associate
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The CarGurus Sales Operations team is looking for a Sales Operations Associate to support the growing sales organization and its daily sales activities. 2019 is a pivotal year for our Sales Operations team, as we embark on a whole-sale upgrade of our Salesforce and billing software. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with an investigative mindset, excellent organization and communication skills, and enjoy working in a fast paced and collaborative environment.
What you’ll do:
- Provide front line support to sales and service organization by solving issues with order management and navigating internal processes to generate and book orders
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure all deals are complete, adhering to bookings policy & Rules of Engagement
- Ensure requests are efficiently moving through internal processes; proactively communicate status updates to enable our sales team to focus on selling
- Ability to identify quote-to-cash process bottlenecks through analysis of day to day work
- Leverage knowledge of existing process structure to identify common issues & trends to develop proactive solutions
- Complete ad hoc projects, reporting and analysis as required
- Analyze inbound account creation to ensure data integrity, appropriate hierarchical structure, and book of business routing
- Enforce data integrity policies for account hierarchies by following protocols and documenting and communicating findings with internal stakeholders
- Partner with Order Management team in Finance to reconcile weekly/monthly bookings results
- Measure performance of internal detection methods, adapting processes to yield improved results
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience in dispute resolution, sales operations, or internal/external customer support
- Demonstrated SFDC and Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Possess analytic, problem resolution, and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Fast learner, eager to figure things out on your own
- Car dealership market experience is a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.