Sales Trainer, Onboarding and Skill Development
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Sales Trainer, Onboarding and Skill Development will be responsible for owning CarGurus sales onboarding program and continued skill development for all customer facing sales and service groups. This role will partner with sales leadership and L&D to fine tune the existing on-boarding program and own the logistics and data tracking for all on-boarding and skill dev programming, assessments & evaluations. This person must demonstrate strong ability to facilitate group discussions, present technical information in digestible terms, build competency courses and have extensive knowledge is needs based consultative selling ie. Sandler, or similar methodology.
What You’ll Do:
- Own, facilitate and fine tune the sales on-boarding program.
- You will help build effective and outcomes based sales competency courses and lesson planning.
- Set the tone for all sales new hires that join CarGurus, promoting positive energy and a growth mindset.
- You will provide instructor lead training, facilitate group discussions, run sales fundamentals role-play sessions, and partner with sales and enablement leadership to ensure that all content, strategies and execution are of the highest quality and consistency.
- You will help provide the framework for a customized skill development plan specific to the needs of each new hire sales representative and partner with sales managers for strategies on tracking skill development progression over time.
- Own program logistics and scheduling, ensuring new hire reps are on-boarded according to their respective ramping schedules.
- Track product certification scoring and own the data we collect that will help determine our next potential set of training courses.
- Help build e-learning programs and facilitating remotely using technology.
Who You Are:
- Possess advanced knowledge in consultative, needs based sales methodologies ie. Sandler or similar methodology is strongly preferred.
- Experience running and updating sales on-boarding programs.
- 2-4 year’s experience in a sales role
- 2+ year’s experience in sales enablement, or sales on-boarding
- Highly organized with very clear communication skills
- Ability to create program structure that still accounts for some variables and flexibility
- Strong relationship management skills
- Some experience building e-learning programs and facilitating remotely using technology.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, Spain, Italy and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.