Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The role of the Senior Accountant is to maintain accurate accounting records, drive continuous improvement and act as a leader and subject matter expert among peers. The Senior Staff Accounting will help manage day-to-day operations including the month end close process, internal controls, and provide practical guidance in support of strategic initiatives. This full-time position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Serve as a key member of the Finance team working to streamline and shorten the monthly close and reporting cycle.
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statements, and variance commentary on the entity analytical report.
- Work closely with the Business, Corporate Accounting, Treasury, Tax, and Financial Reporting and Planning functions to ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of the financial data reported in the general ledger for assigned entities.
- Assist in the quarterly reviews and annual audit of the US in-scope entities with the external auditors.
- Research and resolve various accounting and reporting issues and questions that arise.
- Conduct financial studies and analyses as requested by management and further improve the quality of information collected in the month-end closing process.
- Take on key projects for process improvements between accounting, finance, and across other functions within Indigo
- Become a leader within the current Accounting peer group
- Contribute to audit deliverables
- Serve as key point of contact for audit in relation to GL operations
- Cross-functional communication skills
- Able to identify areas for process improvement
- Proven record of promotion within an organization
- Understanding of ERP
- Team Player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to find creative solutions to problems; thinks outside the box
- Independent worker
- Fast learner
- Flexible, willing to take on new items or assist in new areas
- 5+ years of prior Accounting experience in public accounting and/or private in any industry expect for Financial Services
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or Master's Degree preferred.
- Strong business analysis, financial planning and reporting skills with ability to generate business insights that add measurable value. Knowledge of current trends in finance and functional best-practices related to position responsibilities.
- Excellent workload prioritization, resource management, and project management skills. Develops and manages processes that are effective and efficient.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Experience working with SOX requirements and internal controls strongly preferred
- Experience with Oracle, a plus
- Account reconciliation software experience preferred
- LEAN or Six Sigma certification a plus
- Public accounting experience at Big 6 firms, required