Senior Manager, Investor Outreach
BondLink is a fast-growth, fintech company whose platform helps public sector CFOs access investors more efficiently in the $4 trillion municipal bond market. Going live in 2016, BondLink’s platform has served such clients as the State of California, the City of Boston, Washington, D.C., and the City of Chicago.
Following our recent Series A round of funding, we are now in the process of scaling our business and looking for Senior Manager, Investor Outreach to ensure that Bondlink is properly and strategically positioned within the community of public finance, investment banks and investment bankers across the country. This position reports to the CRO, and will create the necessary framework to ensure our products are providing maximum value to our clients, the municipal issuer community.
What You'll be Doing
- Build brand awareness and banker confidence in the company’s goal to deliver value in the form of better disclosure;
- Build awareness of BondLink clients’ investor platforms, roadshows, and other disclosure-related activities;
- Build awareness of the tools available on clients’ investor platforms that may be of use to bankers;
- Develop annually a comprehensive framework and strategy for managing relationships with bulge-bracket, regional, and local investment banks and broker dealers;
- Develop a deep network of municipal bankers and facilitate clear and consistent two-way communication between the banker community and BondLink;
- Generate and help generate content, market commentary and other relevant thought-pieces;
- Provide market insights to the executive management team, including sell-side trends, bond investor concerns, competitor actions, and anything that might impact the company;
- Maintain membership and relationships with relevant trade associations, including the National Federation of Municipal Analysts and the National Investor Relations Institute;
- Attend, speak and represent BondLink at industry events;
- Assist in BondLink-sponsored investor and issuer events; and
- Other responsibilities that may support BondLink and the CEO.
What You'll Bring
The Senior Manager, Investor Outreach requires a seasoned professional with extensive experience in the muni market as a public finance investment banker. This person should have an extensive network of contacts of market professionals, have the ability to work independently and be willing to travel. A strong candidate for this position will have public speaking experience, and be knowledgeable of relevant market trends and issues. The job requires someone who is an entrepreneur and looks for opportunities to expand the company’s position within the muni industry. Importance is placed on open internal communications, planning, collaboration, and presenting the company externally in a polished and professional manner.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, with an MBA or Master in Finance would be an asset;
- 5+ years of experience in the muni industry with a strong record of building positive long-term relations with issuers and investors;
- Excellent understanding of municipal securities disclosure rules as well as regulations and filing requirements;
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in capital markets, including an understanding of the issuer community;
- A deep understanding of trends in capital markets, macroeconomics, competitors and customer trends;
- Someone who is entrepreneurial in orientation, as well as having a client-service mentality;
- Professional experience excelling under pressure, be detail-oriented and be able to meet deadlines; and
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to craft powerful and engaging messages
- Cool mission: Our technology helps governments save money and keep it in their communities. If that doesn’t excite you, this is not the company for you;
- BondLink is off to a fast start, gaining fantastic market traction since going live in 2016, with prominent, existing clients in nearly every state and every sector of the $4 trillion municipal bond market;
- Its two founders have significant startup and bond market/industry expertise;
- In January 2018, the company announced a $10 million Series A round of financing led by Franklin Templeton Investments, one of the biggest municipal bond fund managers in the country; and
- The BondLink sales advantage: First-to-market in a deep, target-rich environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan with significant upside opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive premium insurance plans for medical, vision and dental. All 100% paid for by Bondlink with zero cost to employee.
- Stock Options
- Flexible Spending Accounts with employer contribution of $100.00 per month.
- Weekly catered lunches
- A near-unlimited supply of Oreos in our fully-stocked kitchen
- Monthly outings and happy hours
- A culture that provides an exciting and dynamic work environment in our beautiful newly renovated office in Fort Point/Seaport.