Senior Sales Engineer
Everbridge is seeking an experienced Technical Sales Engineer to support our growing team in the US. The Everbridge Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force and re-seller partners. This role is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process and designing customer solutions that include Professional Services. The Senior Technical Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users while establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
About the team:
- The Sales Engineering team works with the sales team as the key technical advisors and product advocates for our products and services with both prospects and customers. Sales Engineers also scope and deliver service engagements that involve customization of the Everbridge SaaS platform and system integrations.
- Learn more about Everbridge and see photos of our offices here.
- Meet the Everbridge team here.
- Providing product demonstrations, facilitating technical sales workshops, and conducting pilots
- Acting as a technical lead in support of large solution deployments
- Scoping field customizations and delivering functional specifications for integrations to third party systems.
- Demonstrating Everbridge REST API and answering detailed technical questions about product capability and delivery infrastructure.
- Persuading prospects that Everbridge services will best satisfy their needs in terms of quality and delivery
- Providing training and producing support material for the sales team
- Responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- 8-10 years’ experience in software sales and services in a field facing engineering capacity
- Working knowledge of Internet hosted applications, highly available architectures, computer security, telephony, and networking
- Strong technical background with relational data structures, XML/SOAP, middleware architectures, and REST APIs
- Java programming experience a plus
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Ability to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral) including experience responding to RFIs/RFPs
- Highly organized and driven by success, achievement and recognition
- Entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity and persuasive confidence
- High energy level and a “can do” attitude
- Strong time management skills with proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce.com and web based applications
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or related a plus)
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 500+ dedicated employees support over 3,700 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
- Over 1,000 Hospitals
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.