Senior Sales Operations Analyst
Everbridge is seeking a Senior Sales Operations Analyst in a blended role to expand our Deal Desk / Reporting & Analytics capacity and continue improving sales productivity. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Sales Operations and will work closely with other members of the Sales Operations team on numerous aspects of the business.
About the Team:
- The Sales Operations team works in a high speed fast pace environment, within a rapidly growing enterprise. This environment will provide opportunities to learn, grow and achieve personal development goals. It will also provide the candidate autonomy to problem solve and find solutions with minimum managerial oversight.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work with other individuals from other departments, such as: Finance, Sales leadership, Marketing, Product teams, Channel team and various other departments to help maintain and increase the productivity of Everbridge Sales.
- Learn more about Everbridge and see photos of our office here.
- Meet the Everbridge team
Reporting, Dashboards, Analytics & Insight
- Assist with the development and implementation of Sales and company operations metrics, dashboards and reports.
- Creates salesforce.com dashboard reports; imports/exports salesforce.com data for additional processes and analytics
- Support daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly operational reporting and executive dashboards.
- Analyze monthly operational results, understanding the key variance drivers and providing actionable business insights to senior management.
- Extract data from a variety of sources (including BI systems and SalesForce.com) and perform detailed data analysis on internal processes and productivity.
- Provide and support ad-hoc reporting services for non-standard issues and analyses
- Assist in applying and expanding new technology and tools to support the Sales team
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and goal conformance monitoring.
- Prepare regular reporting packages to senior management.
- Create PowerPoint presentations that capture key operational metrics, articulate results, and convey actionable business insight for both sales management and executive audiences
- Develop a strong understanding of the global business and markets in which we participate.
Other Operational Duties:
- Provides territory and customer intelligence/analytics in support of market segmentation, territory development/administration, TAM and customer wallet size calculations
- Manages and administrates annual quota and territory deployments to the field sales teams
- Understand core marketing operations concepts (lead/opportunity conversions, pipeline development) and develops reporting and analytics in these areas for enhanced business insight
- Provide support for Deal Desk activities by understanding the Everbridge quote to booking process. This includes quote creation, deal modeling, understanding pricing models, and suggest possible improvements to the process.
- Recognizes and understands financial concepts in the context of sales and quoting processes
- Understands and ensures compliance with order policies and procedures as they relate to Sales and Services.
- Load and manage all content related sales operations documents and libraries in SharePoint.
- Manage the accuracy of all sales Splits for commission’s readiness and performance management.
- Participate in other projects and duties as it relates to Pre and Post Sales Activities.
- Provides post-acquisition M&A integration support (customer data integration and conversion)
- Executes other Operational duties as needed.
- 3+ years of experience working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment in a sales operations or financial analyst role
- Strong analytical skills and structured problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to synthesize Big Data into strategic and actionable insights
- Experience with Salesforce.com,
- Ideal Candidate will have quoting (order to cash) experience
- Prior experience in Sales Operations at a B2B technology software and services (SaaS) required. Preferable with enterprise clients.
- Ability to establish and manage priorities and drive projects to completion.
- Ability to engage & appreciate the needs of different audiences and different levels of seniority.
- 4-yr college degree in Business, Finance, Operations or similar work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ideal candidates will possess 3+ years in sales operations, strategy, finance or similar type-role preferred.
- Prior experience with NetSuite and Adaptive Insights applications preferred
- Self-starter, can work independently under minimal supervision.
- Highly detail oriented, with strong attention to accuracy.
- Excellent planning and organization skills; can multitask and prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of quantitative, analysis, problem-solving and decision-making skills; critical thinker.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; professional and confident demeanor. A passion for learning.
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 500+ dedicated employees support over 3,700 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
- Over 1,000 Hospitals
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!