Vice President, Business Development and Alliance Management
As a member of the senior executive team, the VP of Business Development and Alliance Management will hold primary responsibility for identifying, designing and executing partnerships between PathAI and collaborators in the life sciences industry. The executive will work with and influence teams at PathAI comprising multiple functions to assess, conduct due diligence, negotiate and execute external opportunities. The executive will help shape corporate strategy with high visibility across the organization, including frequent interactions with PathAI leadership and Board.
Specifically, the VP, Business Development and Alliance Management will:
- Work closely with senior management, Research and Clinical Development to refine and update business development goals to support the Company’s strategy
- Maintain a deep awareness and understanding of discovery and development programs in relevant therapeutic areas
- Proactively identify gaps in the technical approaches used at potential industry partners where PathAI could provide enabling technologies to advance drug development and accelerate approvals
- Build off foundation with existing clients to achieve deeper client engagements, working with senior leadership to strategically advance alliances and creatively structure future deals
- Coordinate due diligence assessments across functional teams
- Lead or support negotiations of term sheets for all business development activity
- Recommend opportunities, summarize and review terms with the executive team and Board
The successful candidate will have deep technical, medical and / or business experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with a track record of success in driving high-value partnerships with industry counterparts as a leader within the business unit or the business development team.
Specific qualifications include:
- An advanced degree in a relevant scientific or medical field is strongly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of the drug research and development process especially as related to pathology, translational medicine and companion diagnostics.
- Five or more years of biopharmaceutical industry or industry-related business development experience
- Able to build relationships with senior-level R&D and commercial executives at pharma organizations, enabling identification, development of and support for additional value-creation opportunities across their portfolio
- Track record of successfully assessing new business opportunities and establishing large scale partnerships within pharma
- Strategic thinker who possesses solid business judgement and the ability to identify and evaluate risk and opportunity at the scientific, development and regulatory levels
- Ability to look beyond the current state to plan strategies that take into consideration the long-term business objectives of PathAI and its external competitive and business environment
- Ability to effectively negotiate and represent PathAI’s interests to a partner and gain agreement on decisions that are favorable to both parties
- Entrepreneurial mindset – proactive, persistent, collaborative, comfortable with big asks, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics
- Strong moral compass