VP of Sales, US
About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is a fintech company underpinned by a social purpose. Our mission is to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive, and much happier. We partner with leading employers to offer financial wellness benefits that help employees improve their lives by improving their finances.
In 2018, we expanded operations to the US with support from our UK headquarters. Today, our US team is located in Boston’s Seaport District and is under the leadership of SoFi co-founder Dan Macklin as CEO of Salary Finance Inc.
We’re growing fast in the US market with our recent $32.8 million Series C funding, backed by existing investors Blenheim Chalcot and Legal & General. We were named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes’ list of socially-responsible startups, recognized by Built in Boston and MassEcon for investing in innovative thinkers, and profiled by the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, and more.
We’re looking for an exceptional, driven, high-calibre VP of Sales to establish partnerships with large employers around the country. Reporting to the US CEO, this is a high-impact role combining commercial and people management skills. You will be responsible for building, managing and developing the Sales team for the business.
- You are passionate about technology and social impact and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You are a strong leader and have the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- You are degree educated (or equivalent), have an impressive track record in building, managing and developing high performance B2B Sales teams and have a passion for applying technology and innovative thinking to disrupt traditional markets.
- You have a prospecting mentality, an inquisitive nature and are a hands-on highly analytical leader who enjoys directing and representing the business in front of customers.
- You bring deep commercial acumen; you have the capacity to conceptualize as well as operationalize commercial strategies.
- You have the ability to identify, analyze, segment, target and win new business opportunities.
- You have the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting with high growth, start-up mentality.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- You are a persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and are capable of comprehending and presenting complex technical topics and specialized information in an easy to understand format.
Nice to have
- You have 5+ years of Sales experience, with 3+ years in progressively responsible Sales leadership roles and are looking for a fresh challenge.
- You are ready to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
- You have experience in employee benefits, financial services or innovative high growth companies.
- You have experience selling both a B2C and B2B offering.
- You have demonstrated experience driving exponential growth and revenue generation in a rapid growth and lean environment.
- Provide leadership in the development and growth of the Sales team; cultivate a culture of focused hard work, collaboration, accountability and results through robust people development and performance accountability.
- Assist the US CEO in designing, developing and implementing scalable best practice processes to maximize pipeline creation, conversion rates, forecasting accuracy and cross-team collaboration.
- Foster collaborative working relationships throughout the Sales cycle in pursuit of the company’s overall business goals.
- Develop and implement Sales strategy across key market segments to ensure that the company identifies and optimizes a clear path to high growth.
- Manage strategic partnerships and client relationships to drive profitable revenues across all channels.
- Develop long-term plans and budgets for the Sales function and monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Manage the Sales pipeline to ensure accurate and adequate lead inflow to reach targeted objectives.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Generous company benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance with 50% covered by company; short-term disability, 401(k), 20 personal days and extra day off on your birthday and many other perks!
We’re looking for someone who will make a difference! We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com.