Pitch Deck Workshop: Build a 12-Slide Pitch Deck for Investors
Creating a clear and enticing pitch deck is crucial at any stage of the fundraising process. As a founder, it’s your responsibility to use your pitch deck to highlight the most important aspects of your business and provide investors with the information they need to make an educated decision. This in-depth and hands-on workshop will provide you with the tools you need to create your own pitch deck and jumpstart your fundraising efforts! This event is BYOL - Bring Your Own Laptop!
Already have a deck? No problem! By attending this workshop, you can evaluate the content and structure of your current deck and make the necessary changes to ensure it matches investors’ expectations.
What to expect:
- You’ll leave with an outline for creating a 10-12 page deck for angels groups and VC’s which will include:
- A clear understanding of how your deck should be structured and flow
- Step-by-step guidelines for the information that should be covered on each slide of your deck
- An interactive environment where the entrepreneurs in attendance can discuss the structure and content of their pitches with the instructor and with each other
Breakfast will be served.
Director, BUild Lab Senior Lecturer, Strategy & Innovation and Angel Investor
Ian Mashiter is the Director of Entrepreneurship at BU’s Questrom School of Business where he oversees [email protected], which he established as BU’s center for entrepreneurship. Previously, Ian was an entrepreneurial executive with more than 28 years of high technology experience. Over his career, Ian has served as a board member, chief executive officer and co-Founder of such innovative companies as Quarry Technologies, Ennovate Networks, Dymec Kinetic. Nimbit and BMS. He is also an active angel investor with Hub Angel Investment Group, LLC and Launchpad Venture Groupwhere he evaluates business plans for potential investment and provides advice to portfolio companies.
Linda Plano, PhD, has been coaching entrepreneurs on their pitches and value propositions since 2005. She founded Plano & Simple in 2010 in order to focus exclusively on coaching, training and mentoring entrepreneurs. She has worked with nearly 600 entrepreneurs, and they have gone on to raise well over $250M. In addition to the investor pitches, she has helped entrepreneurs apply for accelerator admission and grant funding; executive directors of nonprofits with their pitches to sponsors; and salespeople and service providers with their pitches to customers and prospects. Prior to 2005, Linda held positions in startup companies including research scientist and CEO, as well as management positions up to Vice President for New Business Development in more established companies. Linda earned a PhD in Materials Science and Engineering from Stanford University and a BS in Physics from MIT.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional, educational and/or marketing materials.
- TCN events are open to entrepreneurs and investors only, or approved guests of TCN. Service providers of any type must join TCN as a Sponsor. Email [email protected] for details.